The nature of wizards

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Wed Oct 10 00:27:53 AEST 1990

According to russotto at eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto):
>In article <270B296A.17D3 at tct.uucp> chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>>People of real stature need not be slaves to be helpful.
>
>Right-- and they have time to constantly answer the same simple (or stupid)
>questions over and over and over again.  Say, how do you delete a file which
>beings with '-'?

Prefix it with "./".  Any more questions?

>Using 'she' to refer to what, for whatever reason, is an exclusively
>male group, seems to be dead wrong.

"Posters to c.u.wizards" are not the same group as "wizards."  You
refer to the former; I was (and still am) talking about the latter.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
    "I've been cranky ever since my comp.unix.wizards was removed