What's next for comp.unix?

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Sat Oct 6 00:45:03 AEST 1990

Yes, I know I'm following up to my own posting.

In article <769 at sci34hub.UUCP> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:
> [ after a few other things, I commented: ]
>Posting a newgroup is NOT going to help their case, either. I rmgrouped
>it here immediately, and will do so every time a non-vote-approved
>newgroup shows up.

It has been pointed out to me that this statement is not clear. I had
thought that a posting in a USENET group discussing a former/proposed
USENET group and a newgroup in a USENET hierarchy would generally be
considered to apply to USENET groups and operations under USENET guidelines,
rather than the entire universe, including inet groups.

Therefore, permit me to correct the second sentence to read as follows:

"I rmgrouped it here immediately, and will do so every time a non-vote-
approved USENET newgroup shows up."

I hope that Greg Lindahl finds that somewhat more clearly stating my
position on the matter.

This site does, as it happens, handle vmsnet and unix-pc, at the
request of downstream sites. I'll pass on anything they want, all
they have to do is ask.

I agree, Greg. What a sad state the net is in.

--
    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)