The nature of English (was Re: The nature of wizards)

David N. Blank dnb at meshugge.media.mit.edu
Thu Oct 18 03:04:02 AEST 1990

> So there you have it.  According to my mom who is a retired executive
> secretary, this book has been the authority on proper grammar since
> day one and does not respond to the political correct-think of the
> day.

So what you're saying is that language should not change to reflect
and be useful to the society that is using it?  In some senses the
language we use helps to shape our perceptions and attitudes.  If we
wish to change these, the language we use will have to demonstrate it.
More .misc than comp.unix, my apologies.
            Peace,
              dNb