What's next for comp.unix?

Rik Harris edp367s at monu6.cc.monash.edu.au
Thu Oct 4 12:46:49 AEST 1990

cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

>In article <10833:Oct221:07:0590 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>>Whatever the fate of unix-wizards, I'd like to see two new groups:
>>
>>  comp.unix.futures  The future of UNIX and of its derivatives
>>  comp.unix.kernel   Current UNIX kernel discussions

>Aren't there enough comp.unix.* groups for now?  There are so many of
>them that it is probably real confusing about where to post a question.
Aren't there enough newsgroups for now? There are so many of them...  :-)

If there is call for a newsgroup, then why not create it.  That's the whole
reason for having discussion and voting.  As for questions, that's
what comp.unix.QUESTIONS is for.  People there will be able to, at
least, tell a confused user where to send followups.

>Let's leave well enough alone for at least a few months.
I certainly agree that we should wait until the c.u.w stuff settles
down.

rik.

--
Rik Harris - edp367s at monu6.cc.monash.edu.au           | Build a system that
Faculty of Computing and Information Technology,      | even a fool can use,