Seeking SideKick-/spreadsheet-type functionality for AT&T 3B2

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Wed Oct 31 13:35:57 AEST 1990

In article <4260 at lib.tmc.edu> jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu (Jay Maynard) writes:
> OK...but what's the bc equivalent to <DEC>64<f><WSIZE>564<CHS><HEX>?

obase=16
-564

> Calculator designers work very hard at making their products usable with
> little to no effort. Why reinvent wheels?

I don't know, Jay. Apple worked very hard at making the Macintosh usable
with little to no effort, and I know how much you like it. Of course it was
designed to work in a very constrained environment... but so is the HP-16C.

Basically, the whole point to RPN is that it makes it easier to enter
calculations with the limited display ability of conventional calculators.
HP's latest efforts have abandoned RPN because they now have a big enough
display that algebraic notation is more workable.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.   'U`
peter at ferranti.com