What's next for comp.unix?

Kent Paul Dolan xanthian at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG
Wed Oct 3 12:09:51 AEST 1990

brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>Whatever the fate of unix-wizards, I'd like to see two new groups:
[...]
>To make Chip happy we shouldn't start any official discussion until the
>comp.unix.wizards debacle is over.

This is another way of saying "until the heat death of the universe, or
the demise of USENet, whichever comes last" (UtHDotUotDoUWCL).

Either:

1) comp.unix.wizards will be revived, in which case the wizard-wannabes
will all go back to posting their trivia there and complaining long and
loud about all the newbie postings the name "wizards" seems to attract,

or

2) comp.unix.wizards will have a stake driven through its heart and be
buried at a crossroads at midnight, in which case the calls for its
revival will spring up an average of every two months UtHDotUotDoUWCL.

or

3) the wizard-wannabes will go somewhere and make their own private
net, where they can go hide their lack of potty training and exchange
notes of congratulation with each other UtHDotUotDoUWCL.

Not a pretty prospect.

Kent, the man from xanth.
<xanthian at Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian at well.sf.ca.us>