Recovering corrupted tar's

Terry McGonigal terry at geovision.uucp
Sat Oct 6 23:54:00 AEST 1990

I've just posted a utility that I've used to recover broken tar's
a couple of times to `alt.sources'.  The utility, `badtar' by
Mike Williams (mike at erix.UUCP [untried]) appeared in c.s.u some time
in the last cople of years.  It's nothing fancy, but it does work.

FYI, If you are talking about a DEC TK[57]0 device here, it's a lost
cause as far as I can see...  Anybody know how to get these drives to
go past a software EOT marker?

Cheers,
--
Terry McGonigal    GeoVision Corp   {uunet,nrcaer!cognos}!geovision!terry
                   Ottawa On, Can   terry at gvc.com
                   613-722-9518
--
Terry McGonigal    GeoVision Corp   {uunet,nrcaer!cognos}!geovision!terry
                   Ottawa On, Can   terry at gvc.com
                   613-722-9518