The swich with dailight savings time

Alan Barclay alan at ukpoit.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 19:03:47 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr09.162130.1479 at chinet.chi.il.us> les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:
>In article <9 at phlpa.UUCP> scott at phlpa.UUCP (Scott Scheingold) writes:
>>I have noticed that some of my cron jobs are running an hour later
>>than they are normally run.
>>run at a specific time.
>
>The fact that this bug has been allowed to remain and so few people
>seemed to notice makes me wonder if anyone is doing anything of
>real importance with sysV unix.

>From the man page on my system (NCR tower running V.2),

/* Start of retyped quote  */
RESTRICTIONS

With the introduction of the new database timezone utilities,
the user can tailor the date/hour on which daylight savings
time occcurs. Whenever a change is made, cron must be
restarted, and jobs performed on the first day of the chage
are run one hour later than expected. Job performed on subsequent
days are then run as expected.
/* End of retyped quote */

Therefore somebody knew about it. We get round it by killing cron, just
like TFM says.
--
  Alan Barclay
  iT                                |        E-mail : alan at ukpoit.uucp
  Barker Lane                       |        BANG-STYLE : .....!ukc!ukpoit!alan
  CHESTERFIELD S40 1DY              |        VOICE : +44 246 214241