Question for net.views column in UNIX Today!

Bjorn Larsen blarsen at spider.uio.no
Sun Apr 7 19:40:18 AEST 1991

bud.cs.ubc.ca!lowe at uunet.UU.NET (David Lowe) writes:
>                                                        Development
>of interfaces in the University environment is stalled because we
>are faced with 3 choices (Athena widgets, Motif, Open Look).

Why is this statement more sensible than

	"Development of programs in the Univerity environment
	 is stalled because we are faced with 3 choices (C, C++, Ada)."

or

	"Purchase of computers in the Univerity environment
	 is stalled because we are faced with 3 choices (Digital, Sun, HP)."

?

How on earth can being 'faced with choices' stall something?
Wishy-washy.

[ Follow-ups directed to comp.windows.misc ]
---
Bjorn.Larsen at usit.uio.no                        "Specialization is for insects"
University Centre for Information Technology                     - Lazarus Long
University of Oslo, Norway