UNIX Callback Program

Hugh Fader hugh at slee01.srl.ford.com
Tue Apr 30 01:27:46 AEST 1991

Does anyone know of a program which I can run on my Sun at work which
will automatically call back my PC at home after I run it. We
have such a program on our VAXen but I don't want to have to hop
though a VAX to get to the Sun. One potential catch is that there is
no modem attached directly to the Sun. There is a modem pool on the
network which the Sun can access just like any other host.

Here is the procedure I would like to be able to use:

    1. I dial in to the modem pool from home.

    2. I log on to the Sun.

    3. I run the call back program.

    4. I log off and hang up.

    5. Two minutes later the callback program calls me.

Thanks in advance.

--
Hugh Fader
hugh at slee01.srl.ford.com