prompt question

Ed Wright edw at sequent.UUCP
Thu Jan 24 06:19:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan23.083259.16296 at daimi.aau.dk> pilgrim at daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) writes:
%I have a problem with the prompt.
Don't we all.

Well Pilgrim ( as the duke would say)

Its kind of hard to tell you how to change something with no idea
of what change your are after.

Here is a simple one for your .cshrc

alias cd 'cd \!* ;set prompt=`pwd`" {\!} "'

That will change your prompt to show process number each time you
do something. A simple press of the return key wont change it
this will make the path to your working directory be part of the
prompt.
You can take that to a silly extreme

alias cd 'cd \!* ;set prompt=`hostname`" "`whoami`" "`pwd`" {\!} "'

Post more information, and no doubt you'll get better answers.
Cheers
Ed
--
 I think I've got the hang of it now .... :w  :q  :wq  :wq! ^d  X exit
 X Q  :quitbye  CtrlAltDel   ~~q  :~q  logout  save/quit :!QUIT ^[zz