SMD Drives

Michael Faurot mfaurot at irscscm.UUCP
Mon Jan 14 14:25:02 AEST 1991

I've got a 500M SMD hard drive I would like to press into service for use
with a PC running AT&T System V/386.  The drive is already attached to
the machine and has a working controller, but only MS-DOS device drivers
are available for it.  What I would like to locate is another controller
maker that could supply another ISA bus SMD controller with both
MS-DOS and AT&T System V/386 device drivers.  I had heard of one company
that makes SMD controllers for PCs called Interphase, but their controller
only comes with drivers for MS-DOS and some of the network operating
systems.  Any information concerning other SMD controller manufacturers
would be greatly apprectiated.

Please reply by email only to mfaurot at bogart.UUCP.