Voice Mail

Ed Wright edw at sequent.UUCP
Sat Jun 8 06:58:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun6.194116.14714 at informix.com> dberg at informix.com (David I. Berg) writes:
%In article <1991Jun6.075141.8108 at cetia.fr> philip at vogon.cetia.fr (Philip Peake) writes:
%>In article <1991May30.073220.1610 at resam.dk>, andrew at resam.dk (Leif Andrew Rump) writes:
%>|> In <60710 at sequent.UUCP> edw at sequent.UUCP (Ed Wright) writes:
%>|> >In article <1781 at babcock.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu> abmg at cathedral.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Aliasghar Babadi) writes:
%
%>.......
%>Whilst on this subject, I would like to point out that I *hate* voice mail
%>systems - particularly the semi-automated variety.
%
%I fully agree with you.
%
AS implemented here, the caller can skip the message and proceed to leaving
one, or can break out to a real live humanoid. These 2 features make the
voice mail here at Sequent really acceptable. Our Resources Group worked
long and hard to see what was available and be sure that they could
satisfy our users and callers. Other companies could learn from that
example. Specifically one of my credit unions, who when I called during
normal business greated me with voice mail.
Dial the extension now		I didn't know the extention, and there
				was no way that I knew of to get it.
I went down the primrose path about 8 layers deep, and finally sent
them a letter that in essence said that I wanted a call, and I wanted
to talk to a human when I called, and my next letter would be to close
all the accounts for my family.

Within two weeks the opening message was changed to include an escape
to an operator option. I guess I wasn't the only frustrated one.

Good voice mail is a good tool. Poorly implemented voice mail is a
pain in the butt.

Ed
--
 I think I've got the hang of it now .... :w  :q  :wq  :wq! ^d  X exit ^X^C
 ^[x  X Q  :quitbye  CtrlAltDel   ~~q  :~q  logout  save/quit :!QUIT ^[zz ^[ZZ