Frame vs. Interleaf vs. ?

Fred Rump fred at compu.com
Fri Jun 21 23:02:02 AEST 1991

mark at hermesa.uucp (Mark McWiggins) writes:

>My company is evaluating high-end publishing packages.  So far we
>have a demo of Frame (which looks great) and the Interleaf rep salivating
>over us; haven't seen his package yet.

>Have you been through this?  Which did you pick and why?  Are there other
>contenders that we should consider?

        To me availablility across as many platforms as possible is a key
        ingredient here. Performance and price are also big
        considerations.

        Having seen Frame 3.0 satisfied the performance/functionality
        issue. Platforms are everywhere. Price was good for the main line
        we need it for: SCO OpenDeskTop ($995)

        Since Interleaf was not available where we see the biggest
        market, why even bother looking. Perhaps it is simply too high
        end for us, but Frame seems to do everything imaginable plus
        some. I guess you know what the conclusion was, right?

        Fred

        PS We don't have 3.0 yet on the SCO platform - another couple
        weeks they say. [Maybe August? :-)]

--
Fred Rump              | 'A little learning is a dangerous thing/Drink deep
CompuData, Inc.        | or taste not the Pierian spring'    Alexander Pope