Can one access internet from a private residence?

Eric Lambert esl1_ltd at uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Fri Mar 22 14:06:13 AEST 1991

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes...

I'm wondering if there is any way that someone who lives in a private
residence (i.e. not a university or business linked into the internet)
can get an account so to be able to access internet.  Is there a company
that you can subscribe to?  The ideal thing, I would think, would be a
service to which you pay a monthly fee and they give you an 800 number
which you can dial up with your modem which will get you into an
internet-linked system.  I'm not sure if this is relevant, but it would
be in the New York City tri-state area.  If anyone has any information,
please email me.  Thanks in advance...

 =-= Eric (esl1_ltd at uhura.cc.rochester.edu) =-=