adb

g liu gwoho at nntp-server.caltech.edu
Mon Mar 11 19:32:06 AEST 1991

23n at sage.cc.purdue.edu writes:

>Newsgroups: comp.unix.programmer

>I am have been wondering about using adb.
>I use dbx, mostly for debugging small mathematical models written in C, but I've
>I Read TFM and played around a little and the thing seems to be a bitch to use.
>I do occasionally have to throw around a few pointers & dbx is okay for that,
>  too, but what's the deal with adb?
>Are there any tutorials around about its use?
>If it's not worth learning now, what would I want to pick it up for?
>
>23n at sage.cc.purdue.edu

>I am NOT a NUMBER!!

>- the prisoner

i dont know about dbx, but i find adb to be a good debugger. the problem
with source debuggers for c is that they do not find bugs in the compiler
very well. i use adb to patch the kernel. i have an adb script+makefile
which i use to fix up problems in the kernel.
i think man adb gives an instruction manual.

gwoho liu.