If you could have anything in vi ...

Peter Whittaker pww at bnr.ca
Fri Mar 22 07:25:42 AEST 1991

In article <3154 at inews.intel.com> bhoughto at pima.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
>In article <1991Mar20.203643.26406 at convex.com> tchrist at convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) writes:
>>Here's my list.  I already sent it in email:
>>    visible marks.
>
>You can leave that out just fine.  No blinky-
>reversed box thingies for me, thanks.

How about making it customizable - I mean really customizable, i.e. you can
toggle between options (blinky or noblinky) on a popup options menu (and the
popup would be customizable - i.e. for some people it would be an edit session
where they would edit .VIdefaults, while I would use a popup menu that would
do the same thing - only using radio buttons, so I don;t have to go to man
pages all the time).

Then, make it so you could recompile it on the fly, absorbing the current
options as program defaults.

How about mouse-based block cut-and-paste?  Perhaps using shift and ctrl to
modify the pertinent mouse button actions?

(I'm sorry - I'll submit this to the EDITORWISHLIST next time - I want EPM!)

--
Peter Whittaker      [~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~]   Open Systems Integration
pww at bnr.ca           [                          ]   Bell Northern Research