Voice Mail

Ed Wright edw at sequent.UUCP
Fri May 24 02:36:41 AEST 1991

----- News saved at 23 May 91 16:31:28 GMT
In article <1781 at babcock.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu> abmg at cathedral.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Aliasghar Babadi) writes:
%Hi,
%
%	I like to be able to leave  voice messages on a computer
%using telephone. for example:
%
%	I call my friend at work she is not there I want to leave a voice
%message for her on her computer so later on when she logs into her
%account she see the voice mail and she can listen to it.
%
%	1- I want to know if there is such a system available.
%	2- Do you have any idea of how to do this?
%	3- Where can I get some help and more info on this subject?
%
%Thank you fro your help.

Although we have voice mail here at sequent, I have a hard time seeing the
big difference between it, and a $29.95 kmart answering machine, other
than perhaps the cost.
I generally send e-mail to someone who has it and does not answer the
phone.
Some times I even use .............. person to person contact !    :-)/2
So IMHO
 1. yes put a $29.95 answering machine on her phone.
    Long term, it might even be cheaper on an employee by employee basis
    than a high tech solution.
 2. go to Kmart
 3. Kmart
--
 I think I've got the hang of it now .... :w  :q  :wq  :wq! ^d  X exit
  X Q  :quitbye  CtrlAltDel   ~~q  :~q  logout  save/quit :!QUIT ^[zz ^[ZZ