UNIX Callback Program

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.cb.att.com
Wed May 8 22:10:30 AEST 1991

In article <41301 at fmsrl7.UUCP> hugh at slee01.srl.ford.com (Hugh Fader) writes:
"Does anyone know of a program which I can run on my Sun at work which
"will automatically call back my PC at home after I run it. We
"have such a program on our VAXen but I don't want to have to hop
"though a VAX to get to the Sun. One potential catch is that there is
"no modem attached directly to the Sun. There is a modem pool on the
"network which the Sun can access just like any other host.

in the sV world, there's ct (call terminal).  it works like cu; it can
access any device configured in /usr/lib/uucp, but spawns getty when
it connects.  (if you don't know how to make uucp tap a modem pool, go
back and *RTFM*!)

i used to spawn it from at-jobs, when i *knew* i'd be working @home.

--
Ragged Individualist	| 			JAAAAAAANE!		       |