Program to switch between DOS and UNIX windows

Mark Pledger mpledger at cti1.UUCP
Thu Nov 15 02:46:57 AEST 1990

I am trying to determine a sutable software answer to the following
situation.  I wish to connect my PC up to a unix machine with ethernet
adapter.  I would like to run DOS applications and using a "hot key"
switch back and forth between the unix session and DOS.

I am currently looking at using DESQview, which works fine but has a
high memory overhead.  Some of the DOS applications require large
amounts of ram.  A received some litature on a product called
"DoubleVIEW" by DigiBoard.  Has anyone used this product and if so
what is their evaluation of it.  I know that DoubleVIEW is currently
connected up to the unix session via a serial com line, but they tell
me they have a beta version that talks tcp/ip.

Are there other products out there which does something similar?

I will summarize if enough folks are interested.

Thanks in advance.

--
Sincerely,

Mark Pledger

CTI                              |              (703) 685-5434 [voice]
2121 Crystal Drive               |              (703) 685-7022 [fax]
Suite 103                        |
Arlington, DC  22202             |              mpledger at cti.com