Can VPIX generate color to ANSI color terminals?

Tillmann Basien tb at pemstgt.PEM-Stuttgart.de
Thu Nov 22 02:16:49 AEST 1990

enc at sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Erez N. Carmel) writes:

>I use VPIX under ESIX 3.2D.  VPIX translates the PC screen into
>ASCII streams for dumb terminals, but the color is lost in the process.
>Is there a way to make VPIX generate ANSI color?

Yes, you must set the ESC-sequences in the terminal definition file. On my
system its is /usr/vpix/term/ansi
blink: ESC [Pn m		PN is the color
.. and so on

--
Dipl.Ing. Tillmann Basien               Programmentwicklung fuer Microcomputer
Vaihinger Str.49, PostBox 810165		      +49-711-713047	FAX