Need help with dBase ->Informix conversion

snoopy at ixos.de snoopy at ixos.de
Mon Nov 19 22:22:43 AEST 1990

Dear Net,
I have been given a floppy with the copy of an MS-DOS Database from dBase
i.e. there are *.dbf files etc.

I do not have a PC/MS-DOS machine and hence I would like to load these
dbf files into Informix. I could even do with a ASCII dump and load from
that.

However I have no idea how to go about it, dumping the dbf file yields
two lines of nearly 250K length each, with lots of NULLs etc. I have no idea
about dBAse and the format it uses etc.

Is there any program out there for UNIX that can help me ? If others are
interested the I will gladly summarise or e-mail them.

I do not usually read the MS-DOS related groups hence I would be very grateful
if you could send email directly to me. I need something cheap, preferably
PD, because I only need it this once (famous last words).

Thanks in advance,

Love,
Snoopy (Sebastian).