vpix under x11r4 under 386/ix 2.02

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Fri Sep 28 07:48:39 AEST 1990

garyb at gallium.UUCP (Gary Blumenstein) writes:

>In article <1990Sep19.070953.815 at coyote.uucp> ejm at coyote.UUCP (E.J. McKernan) writes:
>>I am running a 386 clone with 8M RAM and ISC 2.0.2. We also have
>>Tom Roell's X11R4 IBM vga server online. My question is: How
>>does one or has anyone got vpix to work in an xterm window?
>>Does ISC X11 support vpix in an xterm window?

>I beleive the emulation must support scan codes in order to run VP/ix.

VP/ix also supports non-scancode terminals. The problem is,
that even though TERM is not set to AT386, VP/ix still insists
on using the console interface, which fails on this server in a regular
xterm.
Pim Zandbergen                          domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                         uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70           phone  : +31 70 3542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands      fax    : +31 70 3512837