Dos in ODT ?

Gregory G. Woodbury ggw at wolves.uucp
Sat Sep 8 02:25:16 AEST 1990

In <1990Sep6.203131.11844 at uni-paderborn.de>
ill at uni-paderborn.de (Markus Illenseer) writes:

>Hi there ! I am using ODT from SCO (Open Desktop, X-Win like).
>I saw on CeBIT (Biggest show for Computers in Europe) that it is possible
>to run MS-DOS in a Window. But I only saw text (say ASCII). Is it also possible
>to run Grafix ?  Would be great !
>Any Idea ? Anybody heard about this ?

I would say that it depends on the particular DOS-under-unix product
that you are using.  Under VP/ix (ISC 2.0.2) I have seen Lotus 1-2-3 run
on a VGA card and do "everything", including the graphics.

Actually, it was also possible to run it from the dial-in, but the
graphics don't come out right, but the spreadsheet is useable.
--
Gregory G. Woodbury @ The Wolves Den UNIX, Durham NC
UUCP: ...dukcds!wolves!ggw   ...mcnc!wolves!ggw           [use the maps!]
Domain: ggw at cds.duke.edu     ggw%wolves at mcnc.mcnc.org
[The line eater is a boojum snark! ]           <standard disclaimers apply>