uucp and other unix stuff on a pc

MEAD BENNETT ROSS meadb at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Thu Sep 6 08:43:03 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep4.172707.434 at eci386.uucp> woods at eci386.UUCP (Greg A. Woods) writes:
>NO, it certainly doesn't.  [require new and innovative tools and software].
>There are many current standard or de-facto
>standard protocols and designs currently in use:
>
>	The X-Window System - many versions for various "PC"'s.
>	Layers - no available versions for any "PC"'s.
>	Various other products - mostly for Mac's.

There is a pd program called screen posted to c.s.u a couple of years ago
that creates layers that you can flip through.  It's very handy when your
news server is really slow:  I sometimes go of and do little administrative
tasks when it gets too slow.  Is this program like layers, and is it portable
to a pc with UN*X?  OK so you have to do a little fiddling when screen mis-
behaves, but on the whole its a great program.

|  |  meadb%tramp at boulder.colorado.edu |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
 |  |  | meadb!tramp!boulder!ncar....   |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
  |  |  |  |meadb!tramp!boulder!sunybcs!rutgers...|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |