Looking to go Un*x on a 386... Advice wanted

John B. Meaders Jr. john at karnak.uucp
Mon Sep 24 12:20:44 AEST 1990

In article <170 at inews.intel.com> khouglan at pima.intel.com (Kriss Hougland~) writes:
>Greeting, I hope I don't start a flame war, but her it goes anyway....
>
>I am looking to go to a Unix(tm) format instead of the next version of DOS.

Try Esix.  I am running Esix 5.3.2 Rev D.  I have the unlimited version with
Development System.  You get TCP/IP, Streams, RFS, X11R3, Editing package (no
nroff,man, or troff though.  I use the text package from Xenix), and others.
I have had no problems with it and like the price, around $800 for my package.
Motif, NFS, and the documentation are extra.
--
John B. Meaders, Jr.
510 Manchester Ct., Hopewell, VA  23806