Windoze3 under MKS toolkit

Steve Hastings steveha at microsoft.UUCP
Thu Sep 20 04:59:05 AEST 1990

In article <7689 at milton.u.washington.edu> efowler at milton.u.washington.edu (Eric Fowler) writes:
>I have been trying to bring up windows under MKS and getting the message
>"conventional memory is fragmented..[try it in real mode]".

I suggest you try running Win3 under clean DOS, and make a Program Manager
item to run the MKS shell.  Run MKS shell from inside Windows, not the
other way around.

>Outside of
>problems running in standard mode, all is well in win3Land.

You specified that you had a 386.  I suggest you try running 386 Enhanced
mode.  Then you can have multiple MKS shells, running at the same time.  You
can even switch between them with hotkeys by making a series of .PIF files,
all of which run the same program (the MKS shell) but each specifying a
different hotkey.
--
Steve "I don't speak for Microsoft" Hastings    ===^=== :::::
uunet!microsoft!steveha  steveha at microsoft.uucp    ` \\==|