BSD UNIX for 386sx pc?

Eric Berggren berggren at eecs.cs.pdx.edu
Sat Apr 20 18:11:20 AEST 1991

racine at yunexus.yorku.ca (Jeff Racine) writes:

>In article <1991Apr18.150444.4735 at grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr> wendling at fifi.univ-lyon1.fr (Pierre Wendling) writes:
>>In article <LACA.91Apr18134324 at vipunen.hut.fi> laca at vipunen.hut.fi (Laszlo C Balint) writes:
>>>I have read somewhere, that Berkley CSRG (sp?) is porting the BSD UNIX
>>>to the PC-s.
>>Please post your answers, I'am very interested too !

>Yes, 4.2 BSD has been ported to the 80386 by the CSRG at UCB. They are
>currently porting BSD 4.3.

>For further details, see the Jan, Feb, and Mar issues of Dr. Doobs
>Journal (a series of articles appear there describing the port).

  I am trying to get some more information on this project in detail (the
DDJ series appears to me more of an intro to UNIX than it is about the
actuall porting of BSD) and possibly the source. Despite a large number
of mailings to both 'william' and 'lynne', I have received no response
over the past three months.
  Anybody have any luck or information, post or e-mail. Thanx.

-e.b.