Unbuffered printing in vpix?

mike at bria.UUCP mike at bria.UUCP
Thu Jan 10 08:58:24 AEST 1991

In article <7138 at drutx.ATT.COM> druco.ATT.COM!spear (SpearmanS) writes:
>Under Simultask 3.0, I get lots of complaints from users
>that their DOS programs don't fully print out until they
>exit DOS.  There is the 'flush' command from the DOS command
>line to flush the buffer and cause printing to finish, but
>it requires leaving the application package often.

I had some customers with the same problem; my solution was to write a
program that reads stdin and popen()'s lp, and flushing in between.
You set it up as the program that is execexuted on that LPT in the
vpix config file.  If you want a copy, send me mail.
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike