Parallel port and Copy protection

david.c.kwong dck at cbnewsh.att.com
Sun Jan 13 16:41:59 AEST 1991

There was a recent discussion re Unbuffered Printing from DOS
to the parallel port.
Has anybody solved the problem with DOS applications that
talk to the parallel port to satisfy their copy protection
scheme (they have a connector that you plug into the port)?
I think the application must read from the port, so any
process in-between must both read and write from /dev/lp.
Is this correct?
Thanks in advance.  Sorry if this was discussed already;
I just started reading this news group.
					D. C. Kwong
					att!mink!dck
PS. I am running Simultask 2.0, which I understand is the
	same as VPIX.  Does anybody know about this DDA
	feature, which is supposed to allow a DOS appl
	to talk directly to the physical HW?