NCSA Telnet with PC-NFS and Clarkson pktd.sys

Russ Nelson nelson at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
Tue Jan 1 16:00:12 AEST 1991

You can't get there from here.

  1) Your telnet package is configured to write directly to the card.  That
     will confuse the packet driver mightily.

  2) Even if your telnet package was configured to go to the packet driver,
     you're already running a TCP/IP package, so telnet won't get the handles
     it wants.

You have three solutions: Run Sun's telnet, reboot (as you're doing now),
or run Clarkson's telnet for PC-NFS.  I don't know exactly how to get it,
but I'm sure it's on omnigate.clarkson.edu somewhere obvious...

--
--russ (nelson at clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  FAX 315-268-7600
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson