Unix requirement --- URGENT --- URGENT ---

Ken Seefried iii ken at dali.cc.gatech.edu
Sat May 11 02:59:47 AEST 1991

In article <1991May10.013839.3264 at anomaly.sbs.com> mpd at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:

>ODT only needs 6+mb if you are going to run TCP/IP or NFS, since it
>increases the size of your kernal dramatically. Otherwise, you can
>"squeek" by with only 4mb, but 8 is recommended.

This is not true.

The complete ODT will load and run in 4MB of RAM.  It's slow, as your
disk is taking a real beating (as I recall, theres only about 800K of
real memory left).  I wouldn't want to run this way, but I have
clients who do.

'Course, as far as I'm concerned, 12MB is about right for a complete
ODT.

--

	ken seefried iii	"I'll have what the gentleman
	ken at dali.cc.gatech.edu	 on the floor is having..."