Unix requirement --- URGENT --- URGENT ---

Ken Seefried iii ken at dali.cc.gatech.edu
Fri May 10 05:36:53 AEST 1991

In article <1991May8.194908.27679 at cs.mcgill.ca> genius at cs.mcgill.ca (Michel NGUYEN) writes:

>Could somebody with experience tell me what is the minimum requirement
>(Hardware requirement) for running Unix/SCO with Open Desktop (X)?
>Right now I have:

[ description deleted ]

>With my actual configuration, will it work. I have heard that it
>requires a minimum of 6 megs mem. and 100 megs HD. Is it true?

Yes...your config will work.  I have quite a number of machines
set up about the same way.  If you are doing much X, you'll
probably want to jump up to 8MB RAM when you can afford it, as X
is a real memory pig.  If your planning on doing any development,
you'll definately need more disk, and 12MB of RAM makes life a lot
easier.

--

	ken seefried iii	"I'll have what the gentleman
	ken at dali.cc.gatech.edu	 on the floor is having..."