makedepend for C++?

Timothy Jones tim at cs.columbia.edu
Sat Dec 1 03:17:37 AEST 1990

   Timothy> Does anyone know if there's a version of makedepend(1) for UNIX that
   Timothy> knows how to deal with C++?

   Why won't the one that deals with C work (its just a search for #include in
   both cases, isn't it)?

Specifically, I'm using g++, and the problem is that I get lots of
'unknown directive == "#elif defined..."' error messages, presumably
caused by included files within my source file.  Perhaps I just have an
old version of makedepend which doesn't understand "elif" for some
reason.

Running g++ -M does the trick, but I can't use it to parse other source
language files, like lex or yacc.  I guess I can use the regular
makedepend for that and combine the results of the two programs
(sigh)...

Tim