List of routines safe to use in signals?

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Tue Dec 18 12:52:58 AEST 1990

jik at athena.mit.edu (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:
> [...]  when there is an
>inconsistency between a man page and a library function, the first decision
>that must be made is which one is wrong, and therefore which one needs fixing.

since you said that the man page is the specification for the function,
then it's always the function that 'needs fixing' if there is a
inconsistency :-) Unless you change the specification in the first
place, of course. But who is in a position to do that? me? you? god? AT&T?
kinda religion problem in many cases, anyway.
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                    public source archive [HST V.42bis]: