mkdep program for SysV (Xenix/Unix)

Scott Merrilees Sm at cerberus.bhpese.oz.au
Mon Dec 17 14:22:20 AEST 1990

fields-doug at cs.yale.edu (Doug Fields) writes:
> Hi. I have alot of Makefiles that call a "makedep" or "mkdep" program, which
> I assume adds to the end a zillion dependencies [ to the end of Makefiles ]
> Anyway, I could really use [ mkdep ], or one which does
> something similar, for those Makefiles and as a general utility.

I got a makedepend program from the X11 tapes, which seems to work
well.  I had a mkdep program, but it worked less well.  The makedepend
program is quite modest in size, and is a shell/awk/sed script.

Sm
--
Scott Merrilees, BHP Information Technology, Newcastle, Australia
Internet: Sm at bhpese.oz.au                    Phone: +61 49 402132