Getting the original command-line

Brad Appleton brad at SSD.CSD.HARRIS.COM
Sat Dec 8 01:18:10 AEST 1990

Is there a way in Unix (BSD and/or AT&T) to retrieve the original command-line
in a C program? If so, what state will it be in? (Will variables and aliases
be expanded, what about quotes and backslashes, etc ..)

Also - does the shell being used make a difference in how the command-line is
retrieved?

BTW - I really do NOT want argv in this particular case. I want the orignal
command-line, hopefully before quotes and slashes are evaluated but after
filenames, aliases, and variables have been expanded.

advTHANXance
 Brad Appleton           brad at ssd.csd.harris.com       Harris Computer Systems
                             uunet!hcx1!brad           Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Disclaimer: I said it, not my company! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~