reexecuting a killed program

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Sat Dec 8 07:00:16 AEST 1990

wsherman at ncsa.uiuc.edu (William Sherman -Visualization) writes:

>I have two similar questions reguarding the reexecution of a program
>whose state has been saved (core file or otherwise).  The reexecution
>should start where the program left off, with all the variables and
>memory intact.

if you have the *unstripped* executable and the core file you
can use 'undump new.binary a.out.file core.file'. there is
a undump in the TeX distribution.

however i think you'll have trouble with programs using
curses etc, haven't tried, though.
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                    public source archive [HST V.42bis]: