Why use U* over VMS

Brendan Kehoe kehoe at scotty.dccs.upenn.edu
Wed Oct 31 14:11:52 AEST 1990

In <1990Oct31.011215.23303 at cbnewsk.att.com>, linwood at cbnewsk.att.com writes:
> Boy,
> I'm glad you were fair about it!!! Damn,  I always wondered what VMS
>was like in the STONE AGE.  I was talikng about a later, much later
>version than 1.6.  Like, somewhere close to the present.  Maybe one
>should look at the present before hollering about how hard it was in the
>past.

 I have to agree with terry about the line editing -- even in 5.4. It
SUCKS. (And it's exactly how he described it .. do set
term/dev=unknown and try doing edit foo.bar). TPU is still great
though -- I've learned to love Emacs, though TPU still has a really
good feel to it.

Brendan Kehoe | Soon: brendan at cs.widener.edu [ Well, in 1990 I hope. ]
For now: kehoe at scotty.dccs.upenn.edu | Also: brendan.kehoe at cyber.widener.edu
"It's a distinctly non-trivial task to decompile a stripped, encrypted binary
 into something that can be understood." - Keith Bostic, on the Internet worm