reading chars in raw mode with Ioctl .. How ?

Ken Whedbee kcw at beach.cis.ufl.edu
Tue Oct 16 06:31:15 AEST 1990

Hello Continent -

I m looking for example code (bsd derivative .. SunOS perferably) that
reads characters one at a time instead of buffering the chars until a
newline like the read() system call.

I understand that ioctl() can do this by setting the terminal into
raw mode such that no pre-processing of the input takes place.  There's
example code of how to do this on pg. 340 in Bach's book.  But alas,
this is system V code.

Does anyone know of or can give me an example in bsd ?

many thanx!

Ken Whedbee                  Internet:  kcw at beach.cis.ufl.edu
University of Florida        UUCP:  ..!uflorida!beach.cis.ufl.edu!kcw
"C Code.  C code run.  Run, code, run... PLEASE!!!"  -- Barbara Toungue