Sun SPARC assembler, reference manual needed.

David R Kohr drk at athena.mit.edu
Wed Oct 31 09:19:55 AEST 1990

I am in need of a good manual for the Sun SPARC assembly language and
the "as" SPARC assembler that comes with Sun/OS for SPARC machines.
The manual on "as" which comes with Sun/OS is very sparse in regard to
providing a tutorial for SPARC assembly language.

I could also use pointers to alternatives to use in place of "as",
since I've heard that "as" is not very full-featured, as assemblers go.
The assembler would be used for an undergraduate course in assembly
language.

Thanks,

--
David R. Kohr     M.I.T. Lincoln Laboratory      Group 45 ("Radars 'R' Us")
    email:    DRK at ATHENA.MIT.EDU (preferred)  or  KOHR at LL.LL.MIT.EDU