Which (C) debugger to use?

Matt Day mday at iconsys.uucp
Fri Oct 5 09:13:10 AEST 1990

Since nobody has done so already, I must recommend GDB as the debugger of
choice.  GDB supports nearly all the features found in both adb and sdb with
extensions to provide a command-line history, user-definable aliases, and
many more handy little things that we all cherish, not to mention the fact
that it's free, portable to many systems, and I've noticed that it's quite
a bit faster than sdb (don't know about adb).  Note: you don't have to use
GCC to debug your programs with GDB, GDB understands standard object file
formats on most systems (but you really should use GCC; plug, plug).  They
can all be downloaded from prep.ai.mit.edu:pub/gnu (18.71.0.38).
--
- Matthew T. Day, Sanyo/Icon, mday at iconsys.icon.com || uunet!iconsys!mday