SCCS REVISION HISTORY

John Macdonald jmm at eci386.uucp
Wed Oct 31 02:27:05 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct29.053733.20959 at iecc.cambridge.ma.us> johnl at iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) writes:
|In article <1990Oct28.190212.21838 at eci386.uucp> woods at eci386.UUCP (Greg A. Woods) writes:
|>Sccs is covered by the Berkeley Software Distribution copyright, and
|>is essentially freeware.
|
|That's hard to believe.  SCCS was written at Bell Labs for PWB.  Every
|version I've ever seen looks to be largely unchanged from the original code.
|Perhaps you're thinking of RCS which is now under the Gnu copyleft.
|
|As far as SCCS front ends go, [...]

Greg is out of town for the rest of the week, so I'll pick up the torch
for him.  Sccs, the suite of programs including get, delta, admin, etc.
was written at Bell Labs for PWB.  This suite of programs does not
include a program named sccs.  Sccs, the program, was a front end from
Berkely.
--
Cure the common code...                      | John Macdonald
...Ban Basic      - Christine Linge          |   jmm at eci386