Character Based Windows

rick/1024000 rick at ulticorp.UUCP
Wed Sep 19 03:00:26 AEST 1990

We are currently in the design phase of a character based window interface.
We would prefer not to reinvent the wheel, but the curses libraries on
the machines we need to support are not adequate. We are willing to pay
for 'C' source, but a product that requires royalties would be a hard sell
to management. Thanx in advance.

	Requirements:

	1) Attribute control. ( Underscore, Bold, etc )
	2) Color control. ( 16 colors would be adequate )
	3) Boxes for the windows. ( Control of border required also ).
	4) Standard cursor positioning, clear screen, etc.
	5) Window selection, stacking, and hiding control.
	6) Capability to read a window internal map.
	7) Correct operation on terminals with magic cookie problem.