How to link without stdio

Bjorn Engsig bengsig at oracle.nl
Thu Sep 27 19:09:38 AEST 1990

[It was asked how to make your own stdio and somehow have the compiler/linker
 complain if you used the default one.  Various followups suggested twidling
 around with /lib/libc.a]

As I also mailed directly to the original poster, this is in general not
possible.  I know of at least one system (IBM RISC/6000), where you cannot
remove parts of /lib/libc.a, since it contains little more than one big
object module, which is shared among all processes.

Bjorn Engsig,	Domain:		bengsig at oracle.nl, bengsig at oracle.com
		Path:		uunet!mcsun!orcenl!bengsig
		From IBM:	auschs!ibmaus!cs.utexas.edu!uunet!oracle!bengsig