File pointer to a memory location?

Randy Tidd rtidd at ccels3
Thu Sep 13 02:28:05 AEST 1990

Thanks for all the info posted about my "file pointer to a memory
location" problem. I really got some good ideas that I hadn't come up
with myself. I haven't had the time to implement them yet (<sigh> so
many projects, so little time), but when I do I will be sure to post a
summary of what I learned.

Something I didn't mention, this code DOES has to be portable, but
since I have access to the few systems that it has to port to I could
always just do #ifdef's here and there.  The systems it currently has
to run on are:

	Sun 3 running SunOS 4.1
	Sun3 running SunOS 4.0.3
	Compaq 386 running 386/ix 2.0.2
	Compaq 486 running 386/ix 2.2
	Mac IIx running A/UX 1.1
	Mac IIci running A/UX 2.0

Thanks to:

	cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill)
	lwall at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (Larry Wall)
	roland at ai.mit.edu (Roland McGrath)
	steve at wattres.UUCP (Steve Watt)
	thomas at uplog.se (Thomas Tornblom)
	amoss at huji.ac.il (Amos Shapira)