Finding out the file locker

Carl Edman cedman at lynx.ps.uci.edu
Thu Sep 27 11:39:50 AEST 1990

I'm using HPUX 7.0 (SysV with quite a bit of BSD, for those who do not
know it).
How would you find out who has opened a file and has some lock on it ?
There are routines which return what locks there are on a file,
but I couldn't , even after diligent search of the the friendly
man-pages, find any library function which would reveal this
function.
The closest I came was the SU-command fuser , which would give the
desired information.
Any way, known to the mighty net-wizards ?

Theorectial Physicist,N.:A physicist whose   | Send mail
existence is postulated, to make the numbers |  to
balance but who is never actually observed   | cedman at golem.ps.uci.edu
in the laboratory.                           | edmanc at uciph0.ps.uci.edu