how to put a program into a .plan file

Johan Pensar RT jpensar at ra.abo.fi
Fri Sep 28 18:28:19 AEST 1990

In article <2867 at litchi.bbn.com> rsalz at bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:
>/*  $Revision$
>**
>**  A process to create dynamic .plan files.  Creates a fifo, waits for
>**  someone to connect to it.  Optional first argument is the directory
>**  to chdir(2) to, as in "plan ~rsalz &"; default is value of $HOME.

We have here a couple of machines (suns) using the same userdisks.
If I start the program on one machine, and try to finger myself from
another, the finger program locks up. It doesn't matter if i finger
myself on the current machine, or the machine i started plan from.
eg
        aton% finger jpensar at ra
        aton% finger jpensar

both locks up if i started the program on ra. The same happens if I finger
myself from a VAX.

It doesnt work, but I guess it doesn't matters anyway.