Why don't we just gateway u-w to unix.programmer?

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Tue Sep 11 00:07:12 AEST 1990

In article <richard.652959820 at fafnir.la.locus.com> richard at locus.com (Richard M. Mathews) writes:

| It wasn't renamed or destroyed.  I would say it was split up.  Topics
| previously covered in c.u.w now seem to be distributed between (at
| least) internals, programmer, shell, and admin.  There seemed to be
| great unhappiness with the mishmash of stuff in the old group, so
| why would we want to go back to that?  The new organization makes it
| easier for any given wizard to pick and choose from a menu of wizardly
| discussions.

  If you open enough oysters you can find pearls, too.

  The group which used to be mainly good reading with a flavoring of
baby talk is now a treasure hunt through many groups filled with
appropriate stuff, with just enough wizard stuff to give it flavor.

  The group seems dead, I'm going to have to join the inet list when I
dig out the address. No one group seems to have what the old wizards
did, so whatever the intent the group has been effectively killed.

  Pity that arcana was not socially acceptable as a name.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
    VMS is a text-only adventure game. If you win you can use unix.