Dynamic Loading

Jeff Hallett x5163 hallett at enterprise.positron.gemed.ge.com
Fri Sep 7 05:27:25 AEST 1990

Hi folks.

I'm interested in doing something funky.  I have a shell running that
basically interprets user commands and then calls a procedure to
handle the command.  Each command is self-contained.  Now, I want to
allow a user to add commands.  The mechanism I would like to try is to
have the user create a .o file with the compiled code in it, then,
when he enters his command into the shell, have the shell load the .o
file and execute the code in it.  The only problem is that I don't
have a clue where to look to figure out how to do this.

If anyone has an answer or a better idea, I'd love to hear about it.
Please send email and I'll post summaries.

Thanks.

--
	     Jeffrey A. Hallett, PET Software Engineering
      GE Medical Systems, W641, PO Box 414, Milwaukee, WI  53201
	    (414) 548-5163 : EMAIL -  hallettJ at gemed.ge.com
	     "Keep that sense of humor.  It's critical."